Do you have a student in your family who could benefit from an outside voice with similar values and perspectives as your family? The Academic Life Coaching program enables you to have the freedom to begin transitioning your relationship with your student from dependent on mom/dad/primary care giver to dependency on themselves. This program helps to increase independence as well as find a focal point to pursue their passion and purpose. By working with and a Certified Academic Life Coach, your student will engage in a program that has been proven successful over and over.
The Academic Life Coaching Program consists of 32 concepts delivered in 10 individual sessions that have been tested and refined over the past seven years to achieve real results. The first three sessions of the program focus on helping students become more academically confident and effective. The next three sessions focus on core Life Coaching skills and concepts. The final four sessions focus on communication, leadership, and the college application.
About the Program
The Academic Life Coaching Program is designed to address:
- Stress about grades
- Disorganization and Lack of Motivation
- Frustration in Relationships (whether between parent/teen, teacher/student, or among peers)
- Anxiety about the College Application
Students in the program:
- Achieve ambitious academic and athletic goals
- Reduce stress
- Create an individualized plan for applying to college
- Improve relationships with parents, peers, and teachers
- Learn skills that lead to effective, fulfilled lives
Why the ALC Program Works
Students thrive when working one-on-one with a trained Academic Life Coach, because the coach is able to tailor the concepts of the program to the student and the immediate circumstances the student is facing. As a result, students see immediate improvements as well as learn valuable concepts to apply later in their lives. Students not only learn the concepts but have to act on them as they incorporate what they’ve learned into their daily habits and lives.
The Academic Life Coaching Program is also proven to be successful. Created in 2004, hundreds of students have gone through the program and have offered their experience and feedback to refine and improve the program. The program hasn’t changed much since 2008, but each summer a few new concepts are added and others modified.
How the ALC Program Works
- 10 sessions scheduled over three months (shorter time frame for Seniors engaged in college applications)
Sessions can be either in-person, over the phone, or video conference
- If in-person, we’ll meet at a coffee shop. I’m in a different place around the city each day of the week to make it easy to meet with clients
- Each session lasts 45 to 60 minutes
- We’ll cover the Academic Life Coaching Program Curriculum
- After each session, I’ll follow up with a short email describing our session notes and what we covered in our session
The cost of the Academic Life Coaching Program is $1350. Families can spread out the payments in thirds, $450, payable at the first, fourth, and seventh sessions or pay in full. For payments made in full, students receive a 5% discount making the total $1282.50. You can pay either by check or credit card. If by card, please call to arrange payment: 804.814.4734.
The next step would be to set up an Initial Interview to meet with Elise and learn more about the Academic Life Coaching Program. You’ll gain value and have an opportunity to experience two or three of the concepts from the program. It’s a great way for students to learn more about the program and gain first-hard knowledge of what Academic Life Coaching is about. To arrange an appointment, please call 804.814.4734.